Sunday, October 23, 2005

Step Ball-Change, Kick, Step Ball-Change, Kick

Music time!

You guys absolutely rock. Special rockingness from Suzanne who got the Monkee/Diamond connection (how odd can you get, right?), Steph, who got the ‘Birdhouse in My Soul’ from They Might Be Giants, and Super-Duper cool points to Jane Dark for getting the Squirrel Nut Zippers song, ‘Hell.’ And, yes, that’s one of the coolest lyrics ever – you should hear the rest of the tune. :)

The only missing one was #7 which was ‘Good Vibrations’ by the Beach Boys! Tsk tsk, oh quizzical quizzers!

New tunes! I should warn you that I’ve been listening to the Classic Rock station and the 1990s pop station, so this could get really ugly, really quickly. The ‘90s ones will probably be way too easy, ‘cause I’m only putting up the ones that I know, and I don’t know a lot of them :(

#1

She took me to her doctor
And he told me of a cure.
He said that any love is good love
So I took what I could get

#2 – lots of folks sang this one, but again, to my mind there’s only one real one :)

Turn your heartache into joy
She's a girl and your a boy
get together, make it tonight,
you ain't gonna need no more advice

#3

I was a high school loser, never made it with a lady
till the boys told me something I missed
then my next door neighbor with a daughter had a favor
so I gave her just a little kiss

#4

Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free
Close your eyes girl
Look inside girl
Let the sound take you away

#5 – ooo really hard one here

Watch the jingle jangle start to shine,
Reflections of the music that is mine.
When you toss a coin, you'll hear it sing.

#6 –

So I cried, and I begged for you to
Love me love me
say that you love me
leave me leave me
just say that you need me

#7 – geeze, only four years?

and I went to see the doctor of philosophy
with a poster of Rasputin and a beard down to his knee
he never did marry or see a b-grade movie
he graded my performance, he said he could see through me
I spent four years prostrate to the higher mind
got my paper and I was free

#8 –

Listen as your day unfolds
Challenge what the future holds
Try and keep your head up to the sky

#9 –

Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress.

#10 –

Fresh new kicks and pants
You got it like that now you know you wanna dance
So move out of your seat
And get a fly girl and catch this beat

Bonus wackiness!

Let our love be a flame, not an ember
Say it's me that you want to dismember
Blacken my eye
Set fire to my tie

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

I can SING several of these but have no idea who the artist is. That said,

#7: Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls
#9: Kiss Me by Sixpence None the Richer.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Damm, Suzanne is unbeatable!

(Of course, it would help if I could recognize anything besides the Indigo Girls song.)

luckybuzz said...

#1 is "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet," by...um...BTO? ELO? Am I close? #3 is Aerosmith, Walk This Way; #4 is Steppenwolf, Magic Carpet Ride...Think that's all I've got!

knightjorge said...

I can't remember the names or the artists of the songs that seem familiar but I do know the bonus song. Masochism Tango and I think the artist is Tom Lehrer if I'm not mistaken.

I'm so very excited that I knew one. :D

Steph Youstra said...

1. you ain't seen nothing yet
3. walk this way ~ aerosmith/rundmc
4. magic carpet ride
6. [I can sing this one ....]
7. closer to fine ~ indigo girls
8. you gotta be
9. kiss me ~ sixpence none the richer

Camera Obscura said...

#5 -- Green Tambourine! Hah. I'm old.