Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Stop. Quiz Time.

You guys tore through that one – led by the freakishly early rising Jayfish. I do have to admit to Phantom Scribbler that I haven’t seen Zoom in… maybe 20-some years? I do remember the song happily though :)

Alright, hopefully a little harder here, and maybe not all from the 80s (but let’s face it, most of them will be, ‘cause that’s still where my station is tuned)

#1

Laying out another lie
Thinkin' 'bout a life of crime
'Cos that's what I'll have to do
To keep me away from you

#2 umm, what's a 'radar phone?'

Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on
Livin' like a lover with a radar phone

#3

If you are the desert
I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger -
Hunger for me

#4 – I think this one is really tough

The wolf is hungry
He runs to show
He's licking his lips
He's ready to win
On the hunt tonight
For love at first sting

#5 – followed by a really easy one

I'm heavenly blessed
And worldly wise
I'm a peeping tom techie
With X-ray eyes

#6

You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
Running bet
Get the widow on the set!

#7

I would break down at your feet
And beg forgiveness
Plead with you
But I know that
It's too late
And now there's nothing I can do

#8

I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain

#9

Lying in a den in Bombay
With a slack jaw, and not much to say

#10

Wish I knew what you were looking for.
Might have known what you would find.

Bonus!

Tits and ass
Bought myself a fancy pair,
tighten up that derriere
Keep the nose with it, all that goes with it

6 comments:

jayfish said...

although i know quite a few, i will only say:

#4 Rock You Like a Hurricane - The Scorpions

luckybuzz said...

I can't sleep. Yay! :)

#1: Queen of Hearts--by...um...?
#5: The Future's So Bright (I gotta wear shades), by Timbuk 3
#6, Dirty Laundry--Don Henley?
#8, King of Pain--the Police
#9: Down Under, Men at Work

Yippee! Insomnia-fun!

Suzanne said...

#3: Father Figure by George Michael.

RussianViolets said...

# 1 – “Queen of Hearts” by Juice Newton (I forgot her name)
# 3 – “Father Figure” by George Monkeyspank Michael
# 5 – “The Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades” by Timbuk 3


Damn, Overread, I'm going to have to do this first thing in the AM as I want to win, dammit all.

Of course, I'm not even smart enough to get 40% today. :-(

Phantom Scribbler said...

#10 is "Under the Milky Way Tonight," The Church.

Sorry, Zoom had a segment on spoonerisms yesterday. So I suspected you.

Phantom Scribbler said...

And thanks to Jayfish for giving the rest of us a chance!