Friday, November 04, 2005

Early Bird Quiz Special - $3.95

Alright – early quizzing today because I’ve got to wake up at oh-crap-thirty tomorrow, and besides, we all know Jayfish will get here first anyway :)

First – the awards for yesterday’s quiz!

Jayfish wins on points and makes me think he put a keylogger on my laptop from many miles away :), but Suzanne for musical keenness for getting the My Fair Lady tune.

I had a friend who used to take ‘wings’ out of that song and it’s much funnier that way:

I could have spread my hmmm
And done a thousand things
I've never done before.
I'll never know what made it so exciting.
Only #1, Wham’s ‘Freedom’ remained sadly unguessed, but maybe this one was a bit easy. I’ll have to get devious, but the music has been on the 80’s station all day, so that might be hard… We shall see!

#1

All I know is that to me
You look like you’re having fun
Open up your loving arms
Watch out, here I come

#2

Here I am in silence,
Looking round without a clue.
I find myself along again.
All alone with you.

#3 – c’mon, who else would write like this?

You consider me the young apprentice
Caught between the Scylla and Charybdis.

#4

In my life there’s been heartache and pain
I don’t know if I can face it again
Can’t stop now, I’ve traveled so far
To change this lonely life

#5 – Super short!

Vegemite sandwich

#6 – Extra tiny!

Tastee-Freeze

#7

You're playing so cool
Obeying every rule
Dig way down in your heart
You're burning, yearning for some

#8 – Oh. I remeber dangerous misheard lyric possibilities on this one.

Her weapons were her crystal eyes
Making every man a man
Black as the dark night she was
Got what no-one else had

#9

I stopped an old man along the way
Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, hurry boy, it’s waiting there for you

#10

Dream of better lives the kind which never hate
dropped in a state of imaginary grace
I made a pilgrimage to save this human’s race
Never comprehending the race had long gone by

#11 – Ha! This just came on and I had to add it :)

And now we meet in an abandoned studio.
We hear the playback and it seems so long ago.
And you remember the jingles used to go.

Bonus!

Moses supposes his toeses are roses
But Moses supposes erroneously
And Moses, he knowses his toeses aren't roses
As Moses supposes his toeses to be

9 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Oh-my-god-I-beat-jayfish-here.

How is this possible? Never mind! I'll just enjoy it. :)

#3-"Wrapped around your finger," the Police
#4--"I wanna know what love is", Foreigner
#5--"Down Under," Men at Work
#6--"Jack and Diane," John Cougar (you heard me)
#9--oh my god, is that "Africa" by Toto?
#10, "I'd stop the world," by...crap...Oh my god, I can't believe I'm blanking on this. I blame the lots of bad wine. Modern....?
#11--"Video killed the radio star," by the Buggles!
The bonus I don't exactly know, but my dad used to sing that to me when I was little...

Hey, I've been drinking LOTS of bad wine tonight. Sorry for monopolizing. :)

luckybuzz said...

Um, for the record, I do actually know the real title to #10. Damn wine.

Steph Youstra said...

4. i wanna know what love is
5. land down under ~ men at work
9. i can sing it ....
10. melt with you ~
Bonus. title? ~ Singing in the Rain

Steph Youstra said...

Huh ... when I clicked on the comment box, there were no comments. I thought _I_ was first!

Anyway, as I began reading luckybuzz's answers, I suddenly remembered that Melt With You was Modern English.

jayfish said...

see what happens when he posts it early?!!

...and i actually go out for the evening.

#1 You Spin Me (Right Round) - Dead or Alive

the rest... well, i just don't know them. yet.
i'll sleep on them and dazzle you all with my
(lack of) musical knowledge!

zerodoll said...

#7 Is that Footloose by Kenny Loggins?

RussianViolets said...

# 8 - "Venus" by Bananarama.

allison said...

Bonus is Moses Supposes from Singing in the Rain, sung and danced by Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner.

zerodoll said...

A-HA!!

#2 Pure Energy - Information Society?