Friday, November 04, 2005

Quiz-bo

Grading has gone into disaster-land. Why, oh why do students plagiarize?

Anyway – this’ll be quick.

Well, now… #2 was INXS’s Mediate… maybe should have given one more line, eh? #7 was Baby Grand by Billy Joel and Ray Charles

#1 –

I don't want to play around
I don't want nobody's baby
Part-time love just brings me down

#2 –

And if I ever catch up with you
I’m gonna love you for the rest of your life

#3 –

I try to discover
A little something to make me sweeter
Oh baby refrain from breaking my heart

#4 –

I could light the night up with my soul on fire
I could make the sun shine from pure desire
Let me feel that love come over me
Let me feel how strong it could be

#5 –

Oh no caught up in the middle
I cry just a little when I think of letting go

#6 –

I don’t know where I’m going
But, I sure know where I’ve been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An’ I’ve made up my mind,
I ain’t wasting no more time

#7 –

Too many shadows, whispering voices
Faces on posters, too many choices
If, when, why, what?
How much have you got?

#8 –

Put on your noseguard
Put on the lifeguard
Pass the tanning butter

#9 –

I wake up every mornin'
I stumble out of bed
Stretchin' and yawnin'
Another day ahead

#10 –

She's precocious
and she knows just
What it takes to make a pro blush

Bonus!

I could have spread my wings
And done a thousand things
I've never done before.
I'll never know what made it so exciting.

4 comments:

jayfish said...

wow! i knew more than i thought i would have.
and to be fair, my gf actually got #4, #6, & #10 and i
added them to my list.

#3 (deleted)
#4 Higher Love - Steve Winwood
#5 ( i can sing along to this one... grrr.)
#6 Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
#7 (deleted)
#8 Rock Lobster - B-52's
#9 Mornin' Train - Sheena Easton
#10 Betty Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes

i deleted a couple of the easier ones for other folks...


yay! this is fun :D

Suzanne said...

#2 All I Need Is a Miracle by Mike + the Mechanics.

#3 A Little Respect by Erasure

Bonus is I Could Have Danced All Night from My Fair Lady (I think).

Camera Obscura said...

#5 "Piano in the Dark"

#7 "West End Girls" Pet Shop Boys

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Jayfish, you're just toying with us.