Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Quizzing 110%

I should first say that I think Camera Obscura should get bonus points again for knowing my favorite-est Christmas song, Baby It’s Cold Outside. Kudos!

I’ll leave off the reports from the last quiz, ‘cause let’s face it, you guys need to listen to more 60’s rock :)

#1 Finally, a realistic song

Well he turned and screamed at Linda Lu
And that’s the break I was looking for.
And you could hear me screaming a mile away
As I was headed out towards the door.

#2

I’ve seen your face before my friend
But I don’t know if you know who I am

#3

Early morning, April 4
Shot rings out in the Memphis sky

#4

I’ll wait in this place where the sun never shines;
Wait in this place where the shadows run from themselves.

#5

But my dreams
They aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be

#6

No stop signs, speed limit,
Nobody's gonna slow me down
Like a wheel, gonna spin it,
Nobody's gonna mess me 'round

#7

I long to see the morning light
Coloring your face so dreamily.
So don’t you go and say goodbye,

#8

I’ve listened to preachers
I’ve listened to fools
I’ve watched all the dropouts
Who make their own rules

#9

Where are you going now my love?
Where will you be tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness?
Will you bring me sorrow?

#10

I woke up in a Soho doorway
A policeman knew my name
He said "You can go sleep at home tonight
If you can get up and walk away"

#11

I’ve got to be free, free to face the life that’s ahead of me
On board, I’m the captain, so climb aboard
We’ll search for tomorrow on every shore

#12 can’t believe I haven’t used this one yet

I used her, she used me
But neither one cared
We were gettin’ our share

#13

Pretty mama come and take me by the hand
By the hand, take me by the hand pretty mama
Come and dance with your daddy all night long

#14

Is anybody out there? Anybody there?
Does anybody wonder? Anybody care?

#15

He say "One and one and one is three"
Got to be good looking 'cause he's so hard to see

9 comments:

allison said...

#7- Lay Down Sally Eric Clapton
#10- Who Are You? The Who
#11- Come Sail Away- Styx
#12- Night Moves Bob Seger
#13- Black Water The Doobie Brothers
#15- Come Together The Beatles

I also know #5 and #9, but I cannot remember the name of either one. Dang.

Overread said...

Woohoo! I guess I hit a few of Allison's favorites :)

jayfish said...

#2 - In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins
#6 - Highway to Hell - AC/DC

welcome back quiz!!

zerodoll said...

#3 U2- Pride (in the name of love)

RussianViolets said...

Oh, I knew # 2 and 3, but damn, people beat me to the punch. :-) How 'bout some vintage 80s rock, Overread?

mc said...

#5 is The Who, but the name is escaping me...

luckybuzz said...

Hi, Quiz!

I know a lot of these! Yay! But here are the ones I think nobody's gotten yet:

#1, Gimme Three Steps, Lynyrd Skynyrd
#4, White Room, Cream
#5, Behind Blue Eyes, The Who
#9 is CSNY, but damn! I can't think of the song...

mendi-la said...

you are listening to some fun songs overread - i need to check your blog earlier in the morning...

Camera Obscura said...

#9 "Carry On" CSNY (or some permutation thereof)

#14 "Foolin'" -- Def Leppard


Sorry 'bout not knowing #8. I know, if I'd show up early enough I wouldn't have to bat clean-up...