Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Quiz in a Poke

Yowza!

The only missed one was number one! - Robert Palmer - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On. Well, it's actually a lie. I kinda tired to turn you on, but only a little bit. EDIT - Zerodoll actually did get this one. I'm sorry about that! I'm getting rusty on these quizzes, maybe I need to do them more often :)

Ah, but camera obscura brings out a oh, so difficult problem. Hazy Shade of Winter - Simon and Garfunkel or the Bangles. I first heard the Bangles version, and loved it, but there's nothing that S&G have done that I don't love. Ah, troubles (and not of the doggie kind).

In any case - here's a new quiz!

1
But my dreams
They aren’t as empty
As my conscience seems to be

2
You see it all around you
Good lovin' gone bad
And usually it's too late when you realize what you had

3
So you think you’re lonely
Well my friend I’m lonely too

4
The first time that I got it
I was just ten years old
I got it from some kitty next door

5
Johnny died one night, died in his bed,
Bottle of whiskey, sleeping tablets by his head.

6
He's got such a supple wrist

7
I can walk down the street there's no one there
Though, the pavements are one huge crowd

8
In sixty-nine I was twenty-one and I called the road my own
I don’t know when that road turned onto the road I’m on

9
It’s all wrong, but it’s all right.
The way that you treat me baby.
Once I was strong but I lost the fight.
You won’t find a better loser.

10
You've got everything, but nothing's cool
They've just found your father in the swimming pool

11
You see the world through your cynical eyes
You're a troubled young man I can tell
You've got it all in the palm of your hand
But your hand's wet with sweat


12
And when I awoke and felt you warm and near,
I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears.
Oh I love you, girl.
Oh, I love you.

13
We have to shout above the din of our Rice Crispies

14

I could barely walk when I milked a cow
When I was three I pushed a plow
While chopping wood I moved my legs
And they saw me dancing when I gathered eggs

15
Once I never could hope to win
You starting down the road leaving me again
The threats you made were meant to cut me down
And if our love was just a circus you'd be a clown by now

8 comments:

zerodoll said...

#8 Jackson (Did he beat her?) Browne- Running on Empty.

And, uh, I think I did get Robert Palmer on the last quiz.

jayfish said...

#2 Hold on Loosely - .38 Special
#5 Shooting Star - Bad Company

happy quiz day!

(i think i've got #'s 3, 4, & 6 too!)


yay!!

jayfish said...

oh! i just figured out 15 too! yay me!

Suzanne said...

#6 Pinball Wizard by The Who

#13 Synchronicity by The Police

#15 I'm Still Standing by Elton John

BrightStar (B*) said...

#3 is that Journey song... when the lights go out in the city... and the sun shines on the bay... but I don't know what the name of it is.

mendi-la said...

Well, #3 is Lights by Journey
#11 is Styx though I'm not sure of the name, maybe Angry Young Man

Overread said...

Oh, no! Zerodoll, you're right! You got number one! Very embarrassing. I apologize.

Camera Obscura said...

#1 "Behind Blue Eyes" The Who
#10 "Captain Jack" Billy Joel

Ooh, I shoulda known #9. Tsk.