Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hey Mr. Postman!

I came home to see two envelopes - one small, one big.

The small one was rejection #2. A Very Important Midwestern University. I thought I might have had an slim outside shot to get in, but this one doesn't hurt as much as rejection #1 because I don't really have any academic or personal connection to the VIMU.

The large envelope was acceptance #1!!! Woohoo!! It's a... Let's say a highly ranked non-ivy in a gorgeous area. Yes. Let's say that. Let us say that many times. (it's even ranked higher then VIMU on a little university ranking list - and we know those are infallible, right?) Funding is still unsettled, so I can't get too excited, but I have to admit squealing like a little girl when I opened the envelope. Well, squealing like a little girl on the inside maybe.

Frankly it's more like relief. I now really believe I can do this. There are still a billion hurdles to clear, but this is one of the big ones, to be sure.

How shall I celebrate?

7 comments:

luckybuzz said...

HOORAY! So, so glad you got a big envelope! :) [doing a little happy dance for you]

jayfish said...

sweet! i say celebrate by going for a run in the morning! :D no??

BrightStar (B*) said...

oooo! congrats! are they going to have you out for a campus visit?

celebrate by... blogging? oh, wait. you just did.

zerodoll said...

squeals here for you! celebrate with a pedicure? nah! congrats!!!

mendi-la said...

SNOOPY DANCE! - SNOOPY DANCE for you overread! celebrate with the fav burrito - food always wins (originally typed sins - slip?) for me

Overread said...

O... food sounds very good... There is a really good burrito place that I've been avoiding since the diet, but I today is also a run day... Hmm...

There is a visit day, but it's not for quite a while. I do want to go up and take a look earlier though

Thanks to all for the happy thoughts!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Hooray! Congratulations!