Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ice Cream Cures Cancer

Well, classes are winding up and the pressure is showing! One officemate is running on an espresso IV drip – I’m not sure she’s really slept properly in days – and the other has written out a schedule for the next days in such detail that I thought I might need to help her pencil in time for the bathroom. I guess I’m doing okay. I’ve got a couple of papers to turn in soonish and a technical piece to turn in sooner, but I think I’m doing alright on time. Then again, I could be deceiving myself. I am pretty good at that.

I’m feeling very jealous of Profgrrrrl and her sidekick Colaboratrix off on their wild tour. I was supposed to be out of the country all summer this year, but it didn’t happen. Even more jealousy-inducing is that a couple of folks I work with are going. It wasn’t a ‘them-or-me’ kind of thing, and I’m really happy for them that they get to go, but at the end of the day, here I am not moving anywhere.

So, if I’m ahead of the game, writing-wise, and I’m feeling sorry for myself on top of that, maybe it’s time for some gratuitous time wasting! Ice cream and a video game, maybe? I’d have to re-wire the desktop, but that shouldn’t be any grief…

No comments: