Friday, June 03, 2005

In Which CNN Gives Me Whiplash

No run today, just because I've been doing well on the three times a week lately, and I feel I need a break.

I just wanted to note that on CNN, coverage was of the airliner that was being diverted to Halifax. The hijacking signal had been tripped, and even though the authorities had good evidence that it was a mistake, out of safety, the flight was being sent away from its original destination, New York. Ok. This is all well and good. News. Then the anchor looked dead into the camera and said words to the effect of, Ok, while we're waiting for new information on that, let's get back to the Michael Jackson trail.

Good.
God.

I know I can’t (and shouldn’t) be the ultimate arbiter of what constitutes news, but can we please keep a healthy distance between the People Magazine section of life from the New York Times section?

No comments: