Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Just Another Manic... Wednesday?

Wow. Today’s been a crazy day already, and it’s nowhere near done. The smell of blood is in the water and the students are circling. Or is it the graders that are circling? Maybe the profs? Well, regardless, there is circling going on, and most of it has been happening in my office.

My office is wonderful. The only problem is that it’s the last place you want to go if you want to get any work done. Today, officemate #2 had a horde of students in and out, and lining up in the hallway, all in the hopes that a last minute pow-wow with the woman in control of their grades would somehow stave off disaster. I’m doubtful, but you’ve got to admire their pluck.

I had another meeting with the Awesome Advisor, which, just like last week, catapulted my motivation. I’m not going to be able to meet with him nearly enough during the summer, but he made a point of saying (without me even bringing the point up) that if I wanted to keep working together in the summer, he’d be happy to help. I wish I could clone this man and hand him out to friends.

Now that the office has cleared a bit, I can get down to writing. I think that’s a good thing.

No comments: