Saturday, November 19, 2005

Holiday - Sans Billie

Oh, I've gotten myself into a pickle.

Why do I always wait to get tickets? I know that it's is virtually impossible to fly anywhere from where I live. All the computers just say 'You can't get there from here.'

poop poop poop.

So, I'm sure it would have been no problem if I have done this earlier, but I just had to look into taking the train, which I love even though for some reason, in the US, you're lucky if your train is only five hours late. So, I dithered and waffled and wiggled... err... Strike that. There was no wiggling.

Anyway, the end result is that my flight on the way back is at 6:30 on Sunday morning. Ye gods... I wonder who is going to get to drive me to the airport? Perhaps they'll drop me off Saturday night and just make me sleep there. I wouldn't blame them...

The plus side - I get to see not only my mom, sister and brother and brother-in-law, all of whom I love dearly - The big bonus is that I get to see the two smartest cutest bestest nieces on the face of the planet. They probably don't even remember who I am (bad bad absent uncle), but I remember them.

Yea!

2 comments:

Camera Obscura said...

in the US, you're lucky if your train is only five hours late

We call that "Amtrak time" around here. We like to take the "Missouri Mule" out to wine country or even all the way to K.C. if we're staying at the hotel that Hallmark built. But da-yum, you never know your actual travelling time.

And no, you can't get anywhere from here either unless you want to go to Chicago first. You'd think w/ us being straight north up I-55 from N.O. that you could get there from here (ditto Memphis) but noooooo. You can drive to B.F., Illinois and catch that train, or you can take the train to Chicago and switch.

Overread said...

Well, at least I feel better that I'm not the only one.

I think I might like to go to the hotel that Hallmark built. It sounds cool anyway :)