Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Open Door Policy

Well, the computer is still feeling a bit under the weather, but things must be typed, so I venture on!  

Something is a bit odd at the homestead.  Well, there are a lot of odd things going on there, but I’ll focus on only one today.  I guess I should reiterate that I’m no fan of where I live.  It’s cramped and insanely expensive.  It’s in a good location though, so I guess all those real estate agents are right.

Anyway, there is a culture of openness among the inmates of the homestead, and I don’t mean about their feelings.  With the exception of bedroom doors, thank goodness, no one closes anything.  For example, last night, I got home at about 2am (I was doing a photo gig, lest any of you get the mistaken idea that I have a social life).  The gate door that leads into the yard: open.  The front door: ajar.  The TV: on – no one awake to watch it, mind you, but it’s on.  

Best of all was that when I wake up this morning, I was surprised to find the main bathroom in use.  Strange because most of the time no one wake up until noonish around here – must be nice.  Anyway, I trundle down to the half-bathroom and see the door is open part way, so I walk in.  Why do you suppose that my roommate’s girlfriend would be inside (wearing a bath towel, but still)?  Gasp, shock!  Did she not think that leaving the door open might invite such a thing in a house of dozens?  This is the second time I’ve walked in on people in the bathroom here.  I guess I’m going to have to start knocking even on open doors.  

Yeesh.  It’s a good thing I’m only there long enough to sleep and shower.  

One day, I swear, I’m going to have my own place.  Maybe then I’ll stay there for longer than 7-8 hours a day.

1 comment:

jayfish said...

yay for roomates!

(at least they give you something to blog about)