Sunday, November 13, 2005

Quiz II: The Revenge

Wow, it’s nice to be back. I’m still having grief with my tunes, so this may be a little more random than usual, but here goes!

Oh, first the returns from the last quiz:

The newcomer Liz had the artist, James Taylor, but #1 was Something in the Way She Moves

New Kid was sooo close – #5 was Fooling Yourself by Styx

Luckybuzz had the titles for #6 and #7, Some Kind of Wonderful is by Grand Funk Railroad and MacArthur Park is by a whole bunch of folks – Donna Summer was the one I was gunning for. God, it’s an awful song – cakes in the rain – yeesh

And, #10 was Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, by the Shirelles

Whew! I’m just glad someone got the Fraggle Rock theme :)

New Quiz!

#1 – Here’s another one that I didn’t know was so spooky.

Such a dirty mind.
Always get it up for the touch
of the younger kind.

#2 –

There is nothing fair in this world
There is nothing safe in this world
And there is nothing sure in this world
And there is nothing pure in this world

#3 –

Chapter One we didn't really get along
Chapter Two I think I fell in love with you
You said you'd stand by me in the middle of Chapter Three
But you were up to your old tricks in Chapters Four, Five and Six

#4 –

Father McKenzie wiping the dirt from his hands
as he walks from the grave
No one was saved

#5 –

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes

#6 –

I met him at the candy store
He turned around and smiled at me
You get the picture? (yes, we see)

#7 –

It's the good advice that you just didn't take
Who would've thought...it figures

#8 –

Annie Are You Ok
So, Annie Are You Ok

#9 –

Johnny take a dive with your sister in the rain
Let her talk about the things you can't explain
To touch is to heal
To hurt is to steal
If you want to kiss the sky
Better learn how to kneel

#10 –

And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

#11 –

Fish don't fry in the kitchen.
Beans don't burn on the grill.

Bonus!

And as for fortune, and as for fame
I never invited them in
Though it seemed to the world they were all I desired

6 comments:

jayfish said...

yay! it's back!

#3 I Write the Book? - Elvis Costello?
#10 Major Tom - David Bowie
#11 Theme song from The Jeffersons (i have no idea who sings it)

zerodoll said...

yay indeed!!
#4 Eleanor Rigby- The Beatles
#5 Mrs. Robinson- Simon And Garfunkel
#7 Ironic- Alanis Morissette (nothing ironic in the things she sings about, should have been titled "Don't it suck?"
#8 Smooth Criminal- Michael Jackson or Alien Ant Farm

Phantom Scribbler said...

#8 is "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson, though I think the Alien Ant Farm version rocks.

#2 "White Wedding" -- Bill Idol

#5 is "Mrs. Robinson -- Simon & Garfunkel

Whoo-hoo! I had answers! Now I can have a good week...

Anonymous said...

1. "My Sharona" - The Knack

6. "Leader of the Pack" - ? Don't remember which girl group.

9. "Mysterious Ways" - U2

luckybuzz said...

Oh how I missed the quiz. Don't go away again, okay?

#1: "My Sharona," the Knack
#2: "White Wedding," Billy Idol
#3: "Everyday I Write the Book," Elvis Costello
#4: "Eleanor Rigby," The Beatles
#5: "Mrs Robinson," Simon & Garfunkel
#6: "Leader of the Pack", ...(one of those girl groups)?
#7: "Ironic," Alanis Morrisette
#9: "Mysterious Ways," U2
#10: "Major Tom," David Bowie
#11: "Movin' on Up"...don't know the artist, but it's the Jeffersons theme

I think these were all gotten before me, but yay, I missed the quiz!!!

allison said...

#3 is Everyday I Write the Book by Elvis Costello
#4 Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles
#6 Leader of the Pack by the Ronettes
Bonus: Don't Cry for Me, Argentina by Julie, Patti, Madonna and countless other wannabe dictatresses!