Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Quiz in Wolf's Clothing

Whew – The day is flying by. Too much to do and not enough time. No time for real blogging – there’s only time for quizzing! This’ll post early cause I’ve got a whole cartload of things I need to do tonight. Enjoy!

Tricky Tricky Overread… hehe

#4 – Think Top Gun, folks! You’re on the Highway to the Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. (note: It’s not next door to the Discovery Zone. They’re two very different places.)

#9 – Never Going To Give You Up by Rick Astley

Ah, and the impossible one – #11 - The lyrics to M*A*S*H, Suicide is Painless – Bwahaha!

But, Camera Obscura did plant the seed for the Little Shop one. Get it? "Plant the seed?" OH my! I'm a funny funny man.

New Quizland!

#1 –

See the people walking down the street
Fall in line just watching all their feet
They don't know where they wanna go
But they're walking in time

#2 –

You've got style, that's what all the girls say
Satin sheets and luxuries so fine
All your suits are custom made in London
But I've got something that you'll really like

#3 –

I could see it was a rough-cut Tuesday
Slow-motion weekdays stare me down

#4 –

I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to kiss like lovers do

#5 –

I see you, you see me
Watch you blowin' the lines
When you're making a scene

#6 –

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face

#7 –

I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind

#8 –

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
as clear as the sun in the summer sky

#9 –

Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone,
Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone.

#10 –

Sail away with me to another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ah
From one lover to another, ah-ah

#11 – Artist, Song Title, and TV Show. Bonus points for the two lead actors’ names.

They will tell you you can't sleep alone
In a strange place
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep
With somebody else

Bonus! – Ah, what a crappy show, but I know somebody out there has got to have seen it!

Bullets are exploding, they'll soon be at the door,
Give something to America you never gave before.

If the President were standing here, I'm sure he would approve.
I'll be a mighty soldier before this night is through.

8 comments:

jayfish said...

#4 Freeze Frame - J. Geils Band
#11 It's My Life - Billy Joel, Bosom Buddies, Tom Hanks, Peter Scalara?

zerodoll said...

#2 Madonna- Dress You Up

#7 Alan Parsons Project- Eye in the Sky (I was waiting for this one to show up in the quiz!)

#10 Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers- Islands in the Stream (oh, I am so embarassed, no looking at my ipod!)

jayfish said...

whoops!

i meant #3, not #4 and i think it's scalari instead of scalara

Steph Youstra said...

2. ??? ~ Madonna
4. Here Comes the Rain Again ~ ???
5. [makes me think of Barney!]
6. Every Little Thing (She Does is Magic) ~ Police
7. [I can sing it]
11. My Life ~ Billy Joel; TV-???

Suzanne said...

Oh, I knew so many of these!

#1 We Got the Beat by the Go-Go's.
#5 Private Eyes by Hall and Oates.
#6 is by the Police, but I think it's Every Breath You Take.

luckybuzz said...

#3--"Freeze Frame," J Geils Band
#4--"Here comes the rain again," Eurythmics (good lord, why was that so hard to spell???)
#6--"Every Breath you take," The Police
#7--"Eye in the Sky," Alan Parsons Project
#8--"More than a feeling," Boston (yet one more bumper-pool-basement staple)
#9--is that Jailhouse Rock?
#10--Islands in the Stream--Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton???
#11--My Life--Billy Joel (is it from Bosom Buddies? If not, why can I not stop thinking of Tom Hanks?)

Okay, I just went and looked above...dammit, jayfish beat me AGAIN! :)

Overread said...

I'm not sure you keep thinking of Tom Hanks. Maybe you need to talk to someone about that. :)

jayfish said...

fine! since no one else will say it, the bonus is
"let's do it for our country" from grease 2. i
have no idea who sings it though.