Monday, October 17, 2005

It's A-Raining... er.. Rain. Halelujah.

Earlier, I said that, due to students not doing the readings, quizzes would fall upon their heads like the curse of a malevolent rain god.  Well, actually I didn’t say it like that, but perhaps I should’ve.  In any case, the quiz hasn’t been written, but the rain god gods were listening, I think.  Never taunt the rain gods, for they know who rides bicycles, oh, yes they do.

So anyway, it’s monsoon season over here in the land of the woefully underread, and I’m biking through it all.  I was cozily housed in my café, avec buttered cinnamon raisin bagel in my belly, happily trundling through data and papers and readings, but I had to come in to the office for my scheduled office hours.  I bet no one will show up.  

I should add that I love the rain.  I love puddles and little streams the run through campus where they ought not to run.  I love that when I got off my bike to come inside there was a peal of thunder so sudden and loud that it set off car alarms.  I don’t even really mind the clothes that get soaked even under the nice rain-gear I’ve got.  

So for now, the tunes are off, and I’m listening to the rain and thunder while I try to get back to work.

1 comment:

jayfish said...

no fair! it's 81 degrees where i am...
(actually, i just went for a walk, it freaking beautiful outside!)