Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Sound of Quizzes

The only one you musical maniacs didn’t get…
Bonus #6

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But that's me stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is OK.
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry

Take On Me – A-ha

A-ha! Great video, though, right?

I’m so happy to hear that I’ve been able to addict people too the little quizzettes! You folks should know that the reason I do this is because I couldn’t answer the questions myself. You know how it goes – those who can, do; those who can’t, give quizzes. :)

Oh, yeah, these are all from the songs that come up in the radio rotation (with a rare tune from my collection), so you can imagine how important it is that I listen to music with headphones.

#1 – You may know the song, but do you know the title?

Every time I think of you
I feel shot right through with a bolt of blue
It's no problem of mine but it's a problem I find
Living a life that I can't leave behind
#2 – This one is long, ‘cause it’s a very silly song

Who's that lady
Coming down the road
Who's that lady
Who's that woman
Walking through my door
What's the score
I'll be the sun
Shining on you
Hey Cinderella
Step in your shoe
I'll be your non-stop lover
Get it while you can
Your non-stop miracle
I'm your man

#3 – Should be easy, but essential.

Now is the time for you and I to cuddle close together
all through the night I’ll save you from the terror on the screen,
I’ll make you see

#4 – Might be tough, but not too bad

Forty seven dead beats living in the back street
north east west south all in the same house
sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
I'm in a bedroom waiting for my baby
#5 – Not too bad…

Music can be such a revelation
Dancing around you feel the sweet sensation
We might be lovers if the rhythm's right
I hope this feeling never ends tonight

And finally, a bonus wacky question!

I want it long, straight, curly, fuzzy
Snaggy, shaggy, ratty, matty
Oily, greasy, fleecy
Shining, gleaming, streaming
Flaxen, waxen
Knotted, polka-dotted
Twisted, beaded, braided
Powdered, flowered, and confettied
Bangled, tangled, spangled, and spaghettied!

6 comments:

jayfish said...

#1 Bizarre Love Tirangle - New Order
#2 ??
#3 ??
#4 Wild Wild West - Wild Wild West?
#5 Get Into the Groove - Madonna

is the bonus a even part of a song??
you're not doing dr. demento songs are you?

Overread said...

Drat! I thought I would catch you guys with #1, but I should never underestimate the Fish where New Order is concerned :)

#4 is Wild, Wild, West, but the band had another name - it's actually in the lyrics, I think...

Naturally, Madonna is easy. (har har - I made a funny)

mendi-la said...

fish is kickin A**! i'm ashamed i gave him a hard time for forgeting bicycle race...

Is #2, get outa my dream/get into my car by billy ocean

Overread said...

Very well done by Mendi-la! I didn't think anyone would remember that awful song, I remember it playing over and over and over at the time though...

Phantom Scribbler said...

Yes! #3 is Thriller by Michael Jackson. But I'm so sad that I didn't get here in time to identify Bizarre Love Triangle. You're fast, Jayfish!

I can't believe I didn't get "Take On Me." I owned that album. What? He was cute...

Camera Obscura said...

Bonus... Um... "Growin', flowin, long as I can grow it -- my Hair"?