Thursday, October 20, 2005

Quiz 2: Electric Boogaloo

Maybe yesterday’s was a bit too nasty, eh? I know everybody googles after they guess, but just for the record, here are the unguessed ones:

#3 You Belong To the City – The Eagles
#4 I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight – Cutting Crew (and some others?)
#6 Englishman in New York – Sting (hehe – tricky me)
Bonus – Cabaret from the musical Cabaret!

#1 – In checking the lyrics, I found out there is a new version of this one. Ick.

It's love it's love love get busy
Everybody's talking all this stuff about me
Now now why don't they just let me live
#2 –

Sometimes I feel I've got to
Run away I've got to
Get away
From the pain that you drive into the heart of me
#3 – Ugh. It looks like this one was remade too…

I saw him dancing there by the record machine
I knew he must a been about seventeen
The beat was going strong
Playing my favorite song
#4 –

How can I explain
When there are few words
I can choose
How can I explain
When words get broken
#5 –

Put on a little makeup makeup
Make sure they get your good side good side
#6 –

You’ve been thinking
And I’ve been drinking
We both know that it’s just not right
#7 –

Even while we sleep
We will find you
Acting on your best behavior
Turn your back on mother nature
#8 –

I've packed my bags
I've cleaned the floor.
Watch me walking.
Walking out the door.
#9 –

I just found me a brand new box of matches yeah
and what he know you ain't had time to learn.
#10 –

It was a beautiful song
But it ran too long
If you're gonna have a hit
You gotta make it fit
So they cut it down to 3:05
Bonus – One of my favoritest songs ever

Tonight I’ll sing my songs again
I’ll play the game and pretend
But all my words come back to me
In shades of mediocrity

10 comments:

Steph Youstra said...

2. Tainted Love by ... someone.
10. The Entertainer ... Billy Joel (It only took me probably fifteen and two gazillion times of singing through those lines over and over again before I could get the next chunk ... NARGH!)

ARGH ... just googled #4 b/c I knew it but couldn't think of it; same with the bonus. I'm MUCH better at giving lyrics if I've got the tune than putting the tune to the lyrics. But at least I'm trying, right?

#6 sounds like some stereotypical country song ... #7 is the stalker song (or Santa's song -- but for the same stalkish reasons) .... #9 is the arson song. I get it -- it's Role Model Day!

Thanks for the fun!

Steph Youstra said...

Did the google on #1 ... am SO with you on the "Ick." And she's the redo of #3 too? Is nothing sacred? And now, as I continue the google, I continue to kick myself for my lack of brain connections for what now seems so obvious ...

Steph Youstra said...

Ok, not that I'm stalking your comments ... but do I get bonus points for thinking the song of #9 was the answer for #8?

I'll quit now .... and send folks from my place over --- all two of them!

jayfish said...

#2 Tainted Love - Soft Cell
#3 I Love Rock and Roll - um... grrrr...
#4 Chains of Love - Erasure
#8 Would I Lie to You - Eurythmics (or was it just annie?)

poo.

jayfish said...

#5 Goody Two Shoes - Adam Ant

jayfish said...

#3 I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

whew!
i'm finally using some of those brain cells ma!

luckybuzz said...

#7 is "Everybody wants to rule the world," by...Tears for Fears, I think?

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Bonus:
...like emptiness in harmony
I need someone to comfort me
Homeward bound, I wish I was
Homeward bound

Overread said...

A-ha! The Jayfish strikes again :)

Steph gets 1.5 points for #10 and half of #2

Jayfish in a monster rush gets numbers 2,3,4,5 and 8.

Luckybuzz hits #7

And P/H is rapidly gaining a big fan in me by getting #10

So we're still missing numbers 1,6 and 9?

Kudos to one and all!

Suzanne said...

#6 Huey Lewis and the News -- If This Is It.
# 1 Bobby Brown -- My Prerogative

Sigh. Why are all these songs taking up valuable space in my brain?