Friday, October 14, 2005

The Musical Fruit.

Getting up to date on the last lyrical quiz:

The only one we didn’t get was:

Oh superman where are you now
When everything’s gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, the men of power
Are losing control by the hour.

It’s Genesis – Land of Confusion

Don’t you remember the little Puppet Ron and Puppet Nancy Reagan and Puppet Gorbachev on the video? I guess I was a geek from the begining...

Oh, and you were right, Jayfish. It was Grease, and it was sung by Frankie Valli.

Funky Friday!

#1 – You’ll get this on the first line or not at all, I think.

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you
I picked you out, I shook you up, and turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you’ve got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don’t forget it’s me who put you where you are now

#2 – Eeeeeeeeeasy :)
I was working part time in a five-and-dime
My boss was Mr. McGee
He told me several times that he didn’t like my kind
‘cause I was a bit too leisurely

#3 – Really popular song, but I don't think I would get it with these lyrics.

I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone

#4 –

If you got a lady and you want her gone
But you ain't got the guts
She keeps naggin' at you night and day
Enough to drive you nuts -
Pick up the phone
Leave her alone
It's time you made a stand
For a fee
I'm happy to be
Your back door man

#5

Well you’re the real tough cookie with the long history
Of breaking little hearts, like the one in me
Before I put another notch in my lipstick case
You better make sure you put me in my place





8 comments:

Unknown said...

#1 is Don't You Want Me by The Hotels? ( I can picture this video so clearly)
#2 don't know
#3 I still haven't found what I'm looking for by U2
don't know the other two

Overread said...

Laura's got the title for #1, but missed the band. It's not the Hotels, but it does start with an 'H' :)

#3 Dead on!

Yea Laura!

Phantom Scribbler said...

I'm thinking that #5 is Pat Benetar. But I can't think of a song tit;e for it, so I bet I'm wrong.

#1 is Human League.

Stewgad said...

I'll go for the easy one -- #2 is Prince, baby, Prince. (or is he still the Artist formerly known as? or the unpronouncable symbol?) Rasberry Beret.

I sat here for 20 minutes trying for #5. I knew it was a hard rocking gal from the 80s. Then I cheated and googled. I just can't not know!

And, I did know #1 and #3, I just can't come up with the band for #1. Sigh.

Clearly, I'm not very good at the music quiz.

Overread said...

Scribbler - You're right, it's Pat Benatar. If you just sing along, the title is the next line! :)

Stewgad - Oh, dear. I forgot about that. Are we allowed to mention his name now? Well, whatever he calls himself, you're right, it's him!

Well, #4 is particularly cruel, but someone might be able to come up with #5, the hard rocking Pat Benatar song

There's still time :)

mendi-la said...

hit me with your best shot - pat benatar
'fraid i don't know #4

Overread said...

Yea Mendi-la!

jayfish said...

#4 dirty deeds (done dirt cheap) - AC/DC ?