Saturday, October 15, 2005

I Want Your Sects

‘Nother long day. I think I stretched myself a bit too thin this weekend with the photo gigs. I’m going to have to cut back. Problem is I really enjoy it. It’s not like I have a social life or anything. However, there are readings and papers and such than need to get finished somehow. Same-old same-old.

It’s time for the contract renewal new phone game! Which one should I get? I’m leaning toward this one, but we shall see.

And so, Saturday night’s alright for fighting, and it’s alright for music quizzes too!

The cruel one yesterday was AC/DC – Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap). Ah, memories…

#1 –

Here come the woman
With the look in her eye
Raised on leather
With flesh on her mind
Words as weapons sharper than knives
Makes you wonder how the other half die

#2 –

And it's so hard to take
There's no escape without a scrape
You kept it going till the sun fell down
You kept it going

#3 –

"Good heavens Miss Sakamoto - you're beautiful!"
I don't believe it!
There she goes again!
She's tidied up, and I can't find anything!

#4 –

It makes no difference if you're black or white
If you're a boy or a girl
If the music's pumping it will give you new life
You're a superstar, yes, that's what you are, you know it

#5 –

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised
I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide

Edited to add:

Ok, as soon as I hit post, THIS song came on. It demands to be recognized:

Bonus #6
So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But that's me stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is OK.
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry

3 comments:

Phantom Scribbler said...

#3 She Blinded Me with Science, Thomas Dolby

#5 Mr. Roboto, Styx?

I am becoming dangerously addicted to this. Thanks for being our game show host. But I'm quite shocked at my inability to "hear" some of these songs in my head even when I know they're familiar to me!

jayfish said...

#1 Devil Inside - INXS
#2 You Might Think - The Cars
#4 Vogue - Madonna
#6 ?? (that last line seems familiar though)

Overread said...

Wow - very nice Phantom and Fish (sounds like a good band name)

You're right about the last line on #6. That's the key. The next line is the title. Got a great video too...