Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Befuddled

Where in the world did today go? I seriously feel like I lost entire hours somewhere.

Is it sad that I get really excited when I get books for the new classes? Desk copies are even better. Who can scoff at free books? I got some today. Even though I've only glanced at them briefly and already have a quibble (not surprising, really, I'm chock full o' quibbles), they look good, and worlds better than the dross we for the class I TAed last time 'round.

I really enjoy sports. I'm not really a fan of any of them, but I like them. I say this only to preface this:

Marching bands? What in the world?

Color commentators are always horrible. I'm glad they're there though, because I enjoy mocking them.

Post-game interviews are so embarrassing. It's hard for me to watch all the reporters mob the folks who lost and ask them 'How does it feel to lose the most important game of your life?"

I wonder for how many of those college players a big game is the biggest event in their lives. That's got to be sad.

I know it's been said before, but, "Hey! You up there in the stands! Yeah you. You're not affiliated with the school at all. You didn't play the game. You are not number one. I'm sorry, but you aren't. And, um... put your shirt back on, because... I mean. Ick."


3 comments:

luckybuzz said...

Desk copies are the BEST! I always want to lie to get exam copies, but I'm totally paranoid I'll be "found out"...well, desk copies still rock. :)

mendi-la said...

is a quibble like a tribble?

BrightStar (B*) said...

totally ick.