Saturday, January 14, 2006

A Quiz For All Seasons

Ooo. The last quiz was a good one! Lots of songs for the birds out there, and a couple of near-misses! The thrills of it all!

So, I'm sure you've done your dutiful googling, but here are the missed ones anyway:

3, 11, and 13, which were Just Once (you were right, Liz!) by Quincy Jones, The Sweetest Taboo by Sade and Desire by Gene Loves Jezebel (ya know, desi-i-i-i-i-yure!) respectively.

Alrighty then, none of these are very hard - I kinda feel bad, because I haven't been quizing as often as I used to. I'm trying to make it more of a weekly thing now.

Anywhoo:

QUIZ!

1.
I know you
Expected a one-night-stand
When I refused
I knew you wouldn't understand
2.
You thought you could find happiness
Just over that green hill
You thought you would be satisfied

3.
I get frightened in all the darkness
I get nightmares I hate to sleep alone
I need some company of an angel
To keep me warm when the cold winds blow
4.
Open fire on my burning heart
I've never been lucky in love

5.
Devil and the deep blue sea behind me
Vanish in the air you’ll never find me
I will turn your flesh to alabaster
Then you will find your servant is your master

6.
Most times you can’t hear em talk, other times you can.
Oh the same old cliche, is that a woman or a man?

7.
I'll give you black sensations up and down your spine
If you're into evil you're a friend of mine
See the white light flashing as I split the night
Cause if good's on the left then I'm sticking to the right

8.
Now, I’m gonna love you, till the heavens stop the rain
I’m gonna love you
Till the stars fall from the sky for you and I

9.
Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge

10.
Neon lights and the pretty pretty girls
All dressed so scantily

11.
Just like a boxer in a title fight
You got to walk in that ring all alone

12.
I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,

13.
Here I am
Just like I said I would be
I'm your friend
Just like you think it should be

14.
Hear the salvation army band
Down by the riverside
It’s bound to be a better ride
Than what you’ve got planned

15.
When I was a little boy,
And the devil would call my name
I’d say now who do, who do you think you’re fooling?

And lastly, but certainly not leastly, 16.
Yo ho, it’s hot, the sun is not
A place where we could live
But here on earth there’d be no life
Without the light it gives

11 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

no clue, but I thought I'd say hi. HI!

Overread said...

Hi there!

hehe

luckybuzz said...

Hi, quiz! I missed you! (But I totally get the once-a-week thing).

#5: Wrapped around your finger, the Police
#6: Turn the Page, BS & the SBB
#7: Hell's Bells, AC/DC
#8: Touch Me, the Doors
#9--is Black Sabbath, yes? Iron Man?
#12: Jumpin' Jack Flash, the Stones
#15...Paul Simon. Can't think of the song.

Yay! I love the quiz! Thank you for the quiz, overread! :)

Liz Miller said...

#3 Eddie Money: Take Me Home Tonight.

jayfish said...

howdy quizical!

#10 Heart of Rock and Roll - Huey Lewis & the News
#16 (is the title: the sun is a mass of of incandecent gas?) - They Might Be Giants

yippie!

zerodoll said...

Welcome back, Quiz!
#1 Robert Palmer- I Didn't Mean to Turn You On
#15 Love Me Like a Rock. Thanks, Luckybuzz.

zerodoll said...

#11: Billy Joel- You're Only Human
I knew this one would come to me.

Camera Obscura said...

2 Learn to Be Still, Eagles

13 Change of Heart, Cyndi Lauper

14 Hazy Shade of Winter. I'm used to hearing the Bangles' cover, but I'm know it's Simon and Garfunkel

sheepish said...

#4 is Send Me an Angel. The version I know is Real Life, but for some reason I suspect it of being a cover.

Nice! Word verification is qizhs. That's right it's a quiz.

Overread said...

hehe! Google word verification is learning to speak!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Damn, that was impressive, Sheepish.