Monday, June 26, 2006

Why am I so nervous?  I'm getting ready to teach a class in a half an hour, but I've taught before.  It's no big deal, is it?

This is my first teaching position all on my own at a real university.  Everything is mine.  The readings selections, the lectures, the discussions, everything.  I mean, I've borrowed content from here and there, but I chose them all.  Cutting there, adding here. I've always said, 'if I were teaching this course, I'd do it this way - I wouldn't do that.'  Damn karma.  Of course, I now know very well that idealism and course design don't mesh well.  Well, I guess it's a progressive thing.  I've got to start somewhere, right?

Hehe - These people actually expect me to run the whole show. 

So, I'm a little jumpy.  Students can smell fear, right?

2 comments:

jayfish said...

we can smell you from here...

:)

i'm sure everything will go just fine.

Overread said...

But I used deeeeeeooooderant. and anti-perspirant. and cologne. and perfume. and gravy.


mmmmmm gravy...