Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Meme O' Five Quotes

Frankly, I forgot where I saw this first, but it's been everywhere. Pick five quotes from here that reflect yourself. Odd, but 'kay.

In every age 'the good old days' were a myth. No one ever thought they were good at the time. For every age has consisted of crises that seemed intolerable to the people who lived through them.


Brooks Atkinson (1894 - 1984), Once Around the Sun (1951)

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction.


Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

I was gratified to be able to answer promptly. I said I don't know.


Mark Twain

Perseverance is more prevailing than violence; and many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little.


Plutarch (46 AD - 120 AD), Lives

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.


Andre Gide (1869 - 1951)

No comments: