Saturday, September 30, 2006

We Have The Technology

Well, I finally did it. I've made the decision to put my beloved bike under the knife... err... wrench. All of the key parts are original from when I bought it with the insurance money I got after being smashed into by an elderly driver. And that was about 14 years ago. A couple of days ago, the back wheel started wobbling a bit more than could be fixed with a little spoke tightening. So, I took it into a local bike shop and told them to go to town. A bunch of little wear and tear issues are going to be fixed, the cables, both back and front sprocket thingies (TOUCH MY MONKEY) are getting changed out, and I understand they are going to hang a little pine-scented cardboard tree from the rear-view mirror.

Also of note:
  • The show I'm seeing tonight (and tomorrow) is actually a three-day marathon-style to-do. I'm thinking of actually dressing up. The horror.
  • This morning: 4.39mi - 31'08"
  • First day of class was very odd - main lesson learned: If something works in the first class, it cannot work in the second class.

3 comments:

zerodoll said...

so this means you found a local bike shop- that's good news!

the horror, you say?

jayfish said...

there's a liiiiiiiiight.

Overread said...

Oh, not thaaaaat kind of dressing up. Although, I'm sure I would make a name for myself here in Campustown if I went to the show as Frank-n-furter. Alas, I don't even have a bustier...