Thursday, October 26, 2006

Stop Them Before They Sing Again

Helpful hints and comments from Overread to the nice young women in the band that was playing outside the student center-ish place on campus:

  1. Learn to sing. Really. It'll help. The guitars and drums sounded ok as I walked by, but unless you got a whole lot better, you need a singer. Because despite what you may think, you don't have one.
  2. I understand that it's good to try to get the crowd all riled up and all, but after the first 10 or so times of trying to get them to chant your name, if they still don't, you may want to move on and umm... play some music or something. I would still advise against singing though (see #1)
  3. Were you all drunk? Stoned? or just very uncoordinated?
Perhaps all of these boil down to #3.

Bonus quote from the Prostelitizer's Alley:

[Shouted loudly enough for me to hear from far far away]: "Get your religion out of my face!"

No comments: