Friday, October 06, 2006

Yesterday - All My Mucus Seemed So Far Away

Yesterday was mostly very cool. There was that incident - with the photocopier (I guess we're not supposed to say Xerox machine anymore, are we?). There was also the other incident with the photocopier. All I have to say is that I didn't do it. It was like that when I got there.

Also, maybe this says something about me, or maybe it's universal, but if you need something done really fast, and I'm the guy to do it, just tell me what needs done and I'll do it. If I have questions, I'll ask. I don't need to know why the problem exists, and I don't need to know who screwed everything up as some kind of Stanislavski motivation to get the thing done. Most importantly, I don't think the 99+ other people in the room needed to know who screwed everything up. Maybe that's partially because I don't believe he screwed it up in the first place, but there you are.

That being said, after the crisis is over, I'll be happy to gossip with you about who screwed up. I know, I know, I'm awful that way.

The untaintedly wonderful part of the day was my blogger meetup. I know, I've known her forever, but we rarely get to sit down and chat without other distractions. We got to mosey around campus, and I got to show off the gorgeous buildings and the curiously (or perhaps not so curiously) phallic statuary. I even got to see her in professional mode when she was talking shop with other shop talkers. Very cool. I've never seen her do that.

As always, there wasn't enough time, but I guess it's all about leaving before we get sick of each other so that we'll want to meet up again, right? :)

And, finally, yes, I am getting sick (took me long enough to get around to the title, didn't it?). So rather than dive immediately into the readings again, I'm going to curl up, watch a movie and go to bed. Netflix just sent me Fun with Dick and Jane (the new version), and I think that's probably the perfect movie to sleep through.

2 comments:

jayfish said...

i expect to see a review.

get well soon.

Unknown said...

that's a disgusting title...funny, but disgusting.