Wednesday, April 04, 2007

To Your Left, In His Natural Habitat, An Overread...

Spring is arriving and with it the campus tours. I really enjoy watching these pass by when I can. I especially love watching the students. Some are trying to be oh, so over it all and oozing with disdain simply because they must be seen with the rents, but some you can actually see are really excited about maybe coming here. They're pointing out cool campus parts and even listening to the tour guides.

Ah the tour guides. It's like the Disneyland Safari tour without the funny.

Master of the backward walk:

"Here is the X Library, it's one of the real libraries here on campus. It's also known as the grad library because it's where all the grad students go. It's actually quiet in there for when you need to really study."

(overheard by me giggling about how I just got a book from a 'real' library.)

1 comment:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Heh. I used to give those tours on my undergrad campus when I was an undergrad. I even sang the fight song for the prospective students and their parents!