Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

It's more than just pink bats at the ballpark, dontcha know.

Just got off the phone with my mom. She's a wonderful person and deserves more than a single day. Maybe a week or two at least. I mean she raised me and my two wild and crazy siblings, along with a rotating menagerie of neighbors' kids and they more flea-bearing variety (although the difference isn't as great as one might hope, especially where I grew up). That's got to be worth more than a paltry 24 hours. I mean, for crying out loud, Bush declared the dangerous May Day to Patriotism Day. My mom's worth more time than that little political joy buzzer is worth.

Joy and most good wishes to you mom, and Mendi-la and all the other wonderful moms out there among my handful of remaining readers.

3 comments:

jayfish said...

wild and crazy?

zerodoll said...

so are you saying you WEREN'T wild and crazy? it was just the sibs?!

Overread said...

I was the sweet one - they were the crazy ones :)