Sunday, October 28, 2007

10K II: The Blisters Strike Back!

Ok, no 10 page post about this morning's 10k, but it was a lot of fun. It was much less hard-core than last weeks. A lot of people had costumes - if fact one of the folks lining up in the fastest ranks for the 5k was Spiderman. Isn't that kinda cheating? I imagine that if they had a urine test, he'd turn up a wee bit hot. There was also a fund-raising walk, and that's where most of the costumes were. I saw a very impressing Opimus Prime, and several assorted cats and such. No bunnies, oddly enough. I guess I should have worn the ears...

The goodie bag was much better though:

quality running shirt - cool
ketchup-sized packet of 'udderly smooth' udder cream - a bit scary. I don't have, erm, udders.
8 cups worth of ground coffee - odd
hideously ugly yellow sweatband - maybe I can give it to someone?
2 strange 'Cashew cookies' - I vote yuck.
Mango Coconut Soy Joy Bar - why did it have to be coconut?
Powdered energy drink stuff - meh.
Powdered 'flavored fizzy drink' - hmmm...
Various ads and coupons - nice, but nothing really useful
A toothbrush - Wha?
2 elastic hair bands - I only wish I had long hair, they're pretty nice...

Minutia of the run:

Best tracks that I added to the playlist (didn't get to them all, but I'm working through them):
  • Billy Joel
    • Movin' out
    • Big Shot
    • Pressure
    • Tell Her About It
    • You're Only Human
  • Starship - Don't Stop Believin'
  • Sting/Police
    • Message in a Bottle
    • Can't Stand Losing You
    • Every Little Thing She Does is Magic
  • Heart
    • Magic Man
    • What About Love
  • Smashmouth - All Star
  • Steely Dan - Reelin' in the Years
  • Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
  • Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Oh, yeah time: 46:22 (ish - my gps says I only ran 9.9k. Did I cheat?)

1 comment:

zerodoll said...

wow, i totally have pressure and can't stand losing you on my "10k" playlist. (it's only 19 songs, so that's a lot of overlap!)