Sunday, November 11, 2007

With Great Quiz Comes Great Responsibility

Well, I guess I got a little overly-excited about the possible return of the lyrics quiz, and I went bit bonkers with the more obscure parts of the songs. If you didn't google to find out what the songs were, perhaps you'll get a kick out of the unguessed answers:

3 - Right Now - Van Halen
4 - Olivia Newton-John - Magic (Reverse skate!)
6 - Dan Fogelberg - Leader of the Band
7 - Phil Collins - Jesus He Loves Me
8 - Pat Bennatar - Invincible

Special points awarded to Zerodoll and Brightstar. Even though you didn't know that I Want to Be a Cowboy was written by Boys Don't Cry, well, I bet they don't even remember they wrote it. Is it still running through your brain?

Your homework is to listen to the songs that you weren't able to guess. Don't like, buy them or anything, but listen to 'em. Ya know... legally and stuff.

So, now that I've got a little bit of time, what say we try this again? Maybe with a bit better balance? :)

1 - Another really hard one to start things off:
Windows echo your reflection
When I look in their direction now
There your face is haunting me
Your face just won't leave me alone
2 - The 'how old are you' entry
Come Friday we'll be jacked up on the football game
And I'll be ready to fight
We're gonna smash 'em now
My girl will be working on her pom-poms now
And she'll be yelling tonight
3 - High on my list for singing loudly and badly
Got no feeling, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (you just keep losing, and losing)
I'm ok, I'm alright (he's alright, he's alright)
I ain't gonna face no defeat (yeah, yeah)
4 - Ah, bands behaving badly...
It seems that one of the crew
Had a go with one of the guests, oh yes
Well, the police said we can't drink in the bar
What a shame
Won't you come upstairs girl
And have a drink of champagne
5 - Um... Less romantic and more gross
I've got your picture, I've got your picture
I'd like a million of you all 'round myself
I want a doctor to take your picture
So I can look at you from inside as well
6 - How geeky are you?
Standing there alone, the ship is waiting
all systems are go, are you sure?
control is not convinced
but the computer has the evidence
"no need to abort"
the countdown starts
7 - Sing this with a bit of reverb at the end
You're in his eye
And you'll know why
The more you live
The faster you will die
8 - Bonus for spelling
Now you’re the prettiest by far
No party she’d not attend
No invitation she wouldn’t send
Transfixed by the inner sound
Of your promise to be found
9 - Air piano is required here
What does it matter to ya,
When you've got a job to do you gotta do it well,
You gotta give the other fellow hell
10 -
Baby, you'll come knocking on my front door
Same old line you used to use before
I said yeah well, what am I supposed to do
I didn't know what I was getting into

9 comments:

zerodoll said...

Yay for slightly easier quizzing!

#5 The Vapors "Turning Japanese"
#8 Siouxie and the Banshees "Kiss Them for Me"

jayfish said...

i sure am rusty at this!

#6 Peter Schilling - Major Tom
#9 Wings(?) - Live and Let Die

Phantom Scribbler said...

Aw, damn. I wanted to be the one who got #5!

sheepish said...

#7 - Der Kommisar by, uhhh, errr... the group that performed Der Kommisar!

sheepish said...

And un-quiz-related, can we talk for a minute about your "How you got here" links over there on the right?

The last one was "weather.com". Odd. Definitely odd. So I moused over it to look at the link, and I see "http://www.weather.com/search
/partner?is=10&os=10&Keywords=visable%20boob%20videos"

Um, what???

zerodoll said...

#10 is killing me...

zerodoll said...

i keep thinking tom petty...

Liz Miller said...

Is #2 Friday Night's Alright for Fighting by Elton John?

jayfish said...

i like how many songs i'm googling are showing up with your blog in the top 10 links...