Thursday, June 23, 2005

Scatological Trevor

Apologies for the title to the Magical and Hedgical varieties of Trevor.

Fair warning:

This post is even more useless than usual. If you are looking for debatably intelligent debate on topics of the day go here.

There’s a problem in the land of academe. Specifically, there’s a problem on my floor. It’s a bathroom issue. There are two bathrooms. One is labeled ‘Women.’ Good. Good for them. The other is labeled ‘Men/Women.’ Ok, this isn’t the way I would have done things, but, I’m still okay with this situation – more power to the women and their toilet claims. I use whichever is open, with bias to the men/women’s room.

Here’s the problem. You might want to put down the food for a sec. For quite awhile, the men/women’s room had a… well… enthusiastic flush. Not only would it flush for a good 15 seconds (or more – once I had washed my hands, splashed some water on my face, cleaned up and left down the hall with the toilet still flushing), but it has been quite a bit more than necessarily powerful. Well, today, I went to the women’s room and I found a beast that put the men/women’s unit to shame. I literally jumped back when the thing flushed. Spray was going all over the place.

This must be a recent change, because it hasn’t always been like that. I can imagine someone complaining that the toilet flush didn’t have enough umph, but, man. I don’t think this is the answer. I mean, come on! The place looked like it needed to be mopped afterwards.

Ok, that’s all. Go back to your regularly scheduled programming.

3 comments:

jayfish said...

it's a toilet/bidet all in one!

mendi-la said...

sounds to me like this toilet is getting in it's two cents on the 'grunting' issue in women's tennis in the only way it knows how...SWOOOOOSHHHHHH!!!

Overread said...

Ooooo I hope the Wimbledon judges aren't going to come out against grunting in the bathroom too!