Tuesday, July 19, 2005

10.96 km - 1:07'00"

The time ended up a lot faster than I thought it would. It felt like my legs were completely dead after only one lap. It's really hot out there too. I think I dropped 5 pounds in liquid weight. Eww... This was another run where I started out really slowly, so I ended up running long. I got a more consistant km pace time throughout the run though. I think that's a good thing.

That, and Sting and the Police might need to be moved to the bottom of the running music list.

I actually listened to the radio for after the first lap. It was weird. I can see what my sister says about commencials since she's gotten TiVo. It's just really odd to hear commericals again. That, and when they play something crappy, for some strange reason, the button that should send me to the next song doesn't work. Very odd.

Also, there were two kids out in the trails, maybe 12 or 13. One of them kind of jumped when I came around the corner, and then he turned around, back toward me. Their conversation stopped. On the next lap around, the kids were gone, there was a big wet stain where the stood, and the entire area reeked of beer. I wonder if they got caught by the roaving parental groups that keep blocking my trail, or whether they poured it out and went elsewhere of their own accord.

No comments: