Friday, July 08, 2005

Not Very Sporting Of Them, Is It?

One more link that may or may not interest folks - Baseball and Softball have been taken out of the Olympics for 2012.

This is interesting to me mainly because I'm amused at the indignation that some have about it. I mean, lets face it, outside of Japan, Cuba and some US protecterates, baseball is not an international sport. Having it in the Olympics is just silly. It would be like putting American football in, or the Austrailian variety. Heck, even cricket is a more international game, not that I would want to see that in the Olympics (although some would dissagree with me on that).

Maybe it's time we cut back on the number of sports. I would be in favor of having a couple different versions of the Olympics. Number one would be the True Olympics. Only a few track and field events, but everyone competes nude. Number two would be what we've got now. Number three would be what we've got now plus steroids. That way all the impotent men could have their venues. Sure, they would only live to 40, and their time on earth after 30 would be a living hell, but that would be a small price to pay for a 2 minute mile, right?

Oh, yeah this needs to be in the olympics too. I mean, come on, just look at it!

No comments: