Tuesday, July 12, 2005

WTB: Cardboard Box

Ugh. I need a new home. I knew this has been brewing for a long time now, but I’ve been covering my ears and singing ‘la-la-la-la.’ Unfortunately, and contrary to my expectations, this hasn’t been effective.

My landlord-ish folks are selling their condo. It’s a great place in a great location. It’s close to everywhere I need to be and yet far enough away from the big U that it isn’t strewn with vomiting kids at night – Although we still do get some early morning ‘walk-of-shame’ers, but they’re more amusing than irritating.

In any case, the keys were handed to the realtors last weekend, and while we all (two renters and landlord hubby and wife) still live there, they are giving walkthrough tours. They are supposed to give fair warning notice, but since I’m in and out at strange hours all the time, I’ll never get a heads-up. So now I get twitchy early in the morning and feel I have to be out of the house earlier than I’d normally wake up, just in case someone comes by to take a look. I don’t feel at home there anymore, and so I’m not going to be able to rest and relax there like I need to.

Looking for a new place, however, is just another stress-bucket dumped on my head. Added to that, I’m leaving the country in a month for my two week tour of wonderland, which makes finding another place even more difficult.

Maybe I can just string up a hammock in the office…

No comments: