Monday, August 01, 2005

It's Got To Be The Shoes

11.17km – 1:05’07”

New shoes today. I went ahead with Nike, because I couldn’t find anything better that actually fit. I’ve got teeny tiny little girly feet, and apparently none of the shoe makers see fit to put out many shoes in my size. So, Nike it is, and sweatshops be damned (the label tells me that the slave labor for these shoes came from Vietnam, so a hearty cam on to whoever built them).

I have to say though I really like them though. They’re a long sight better than the beat up things I was wearing last week.

Only problem is that I forgot the cardinal rule of new shoes: Take it easy while you break them in. I guess 11km isn’t taking it easy (I still blame Profgrrrrl).

Anyway, I’m working on a blister or three and I rolled my ankle a bit on the last loop, so I’m waiting to see how nasty that gets.

No comments: