Monday, September 26, 2005

Apropos of Nothing

It'’s already 9. Where in the world did the day go? I haven'’t done much work at all? It seems like all I did was attend classes and meetings. I guess that'’s work of a sort, but I have things that need doing. I didn'’t even run today.

How in the world do you folks get anything done with all this teaching stuff?

Ok, tomorrow'’s another day. I will get up early and I will get silly admin stuff finished so that I can dig a nice little burrow in which I shall hide and do the lovely bookly stuff that loves me back.

Lyric of the evening! Name the song and artist! No Googling allowed.

"“There's no sign of life/It'’s just the power to charm/I'’m lying in the rain/But I never wave bye-bye/But I try, I try"”

On a related note, I only seem to remeber the video for 'Let's Get Physical.' It didn't seem nearly as nasty as the song does now that I'm listening to the lyrics. I thought it was exercising. Let me hear your body talk, indeed...

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

"How in the world do you folks get anything done with all this teaching stuff?" Ahh... the mystery of life in academia...

I don't know the song lyrics you posted, but I am now tempted to Google them.

jayfish said...

jeez, that one took me a while.

modern love by david bowie.

Overread said...

bwahaha... I knew I could get one of you guys. That came up on my station, and I wasa humming it all day long. hehee

Congrats!