Saturday, October 08, 2005

Googlicious

I’m trying out the new Google feed-reader, and so far it’s ok. I imported my feeds from Bloglines, and they all inserted themselves into the Google reader just fine, but they wouldn’t seem to update for quite a while. I was watching Bloglines pick up new posts, but GR sat there silently – prettily, but silently. Another bad thing is that I keep my public Gmail account up most of the time, so I have to use the GR with that account to avoid all of the logging in and logging out. It feels a little odd to be reading blogs and such without the (honestly rather flimsy) cover of my pseudonym, but it’s all paranoia.

There wasn’t a musical quiz last night, so I’ll give you a hefty dose of what I’ve been listening to today.

#1 – Easy!
Do you still recall the fateful night we crossed the Rio Grande?
I can see it in your eyes
How proud you were to fight for freedom in this land

#2 – Waaaay too easy
Standing in the dock at Southampton,
Trying to get to Holland or France.
The man in the mac said, "You've got to turn back".
You know they didn't even give us a chance.

#3 – Maybe kinda hard
Love of two is one
Here but now they're gone
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear we couldn't go on
The door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew and then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared
Saying don't be afraid


#4 – Great running song
He drinks a whisky drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink


#5 – I think I’m still in love with this singer (there’s a little bit of whistling too :) )
Hey, hey - they say I better get a chaperone
Because I can't stop messin' with the danger zone
No, I won't worry, and I won't fret - Ain't no law against it yet.

#6 – And a bonus song, just ‘cause I love you all so much
They say that life is tit for tat
And that's the way I live
So, I deserve a lot of tat
For what I've got to give
Don't you know that this hand
Washes that one too

4 comments:

jayfish said...

#3 - don't fear the reaper - blue oyster cult
#4 -tubthumping - chumbawhumba?
#5 - she bop - cyndi lauper (such a naughty song!)

Overread said...

Nicely done, Mr Fish! I agree, Cyndi is a naughty gal, but I still love her. Except for the time she was hanging out with all those professional wrestlers. What was up with that?

Phantom Scribbler said...

#2 is the Ballad of John and Yoko, right?

How I loved Cyndi Lauper when I was 14. And how very clueless I was as to the song's meaning.

Overread said...

hehe - #2 is indeed the Ballad of John and Yoko. Congrats to the Phantom Scribbler!