Monday, October 31, 2005

Let's Get Physical

35 min - 6.67km

Wow. I haven't run in awhile, but I finally figured that was causing my lack of energy, so I went off after office hours. 'course it's dark now, so I decided to try out the swanky treadmills that my tuition is paying for.

It was really funny. I hadn't been in a gym at night in along time. I forgot that it's a big meat market thing. Oh, the fun.

So I was giggling about cattle-branded sweatpants. I wasn't ready for this.

Point #1 - Sir, I don't think the gallon of Flavor-Juice brand aftershave is the way to impress her. Also, please move away from me. (Why did every guy seem to be wearing that same god-awful scent?)

Point #2 - Ma'am, I'm impressed with your stretching, but I'm not sure that the "cat-in-heat-grab-your-ankles" stretch is best performed for 5 minutes at a time with your butt aimed at the room is helping out your health regimen - Especially since that was just about the only stretch you did.

Point #3 - Dude. Stop Posing.

Point #4 - I feel the need for matching workout clothing. I wonder if I'm getting drawn in.

Point #5 - Why is the woman sitting amid a clump of clothes and books on the floor outside the raquetball court reading [My State]'s Birds. Was she not allowed in? There are plenty open courts, but she isn't dressed for working out (then again, in my opinion neither was the woman from point #2). I felt bad for her. She looked quite lonely as two guys whacked the little blue ball around a mere foot or two away from her and her pile of stuff.

Actually, as far as running, which actually did happen, the treadmill is really interesting. It's boring as watching moss climb (note to self: Get books on MP3), I really liked being able to set a solid pace on a flat surface. For most of the run, I set a pace of about 5.10 min/km which is faster than my regular trail pace. It felt really nice.

Edited to add Point #5

No comments: