Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Quiz in the Hand Is Worth Two in the Bush.

Well now, I obviously need to get things a little harder. Especially with Jayfish and luckybuzz… Don’t make me go disco on you guys. I don’t think that would be pretty for anyone involved :)

And of course you get credit for not listing all 24 of Mr. Melonhead. Jeeze, lock that singer up in a pink house.

Oh, and welcome to Allison – you happen to have one of the best names on the face of this lovely planet. That and the fact that you know Singin’ in the Rain make you a-ok in my book.

Alrighty – despite fighting with the technological gremlins all day long (it may be time for a new laptop, and it’s absolutely time to play taps over my little MP3 player – poor thing. I play too rough sometimes – and I was just bragging about how much I loved it… So sad…), I do have a quiz, and thusly, I bequeath it to y’all.

#1 –

But each time I tell myself that I - I think I’ve had enough,
Well, I’m gonna show you, baby, that a woman can be tough.

#2 – Your choice of singers!

Hey farmer, farmer
Put away that DDT now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees

#3 – This song must be played loud. It also helps if you air guitar a bit of that first big chord.

That one guitar, felt good in his hands
Didn’t take long, to understand
Just one guitar, slung way down low
Was one way ticket, only one way to go

#4 –

You Who Are On The Road
Must Have A Code
That You Can Live By

#5 –

I went down Virginia, seekin’ shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.

#6 – tough one, but I know one, maybe two commenters that might get it…

Oh, they say she died one winter
When there came a killing frost

#7

show me round your fruitcage
'cos I will be your honey bee
open up your fruitcage
where the fruit is as sweet as can be

#8 –

You’re thinking up your white lies
You’re putting on your bedroom eyes
You say you’re coming home but you won’t say when.

#9 –

Every time you call my name
I heat up like a burnin' flame
Burnin' flame full of desire
Kiss me baby, let the fire get higher

#10 –

Now he walks in quiet solitude the forests and the streams
Seeking grace in every step he takes
His sight has turned inside himself to try and understand
The serenity of a clear blue mountain lake

#11 –

Philosophy is a talk on cereal box
Religion is a smile on a dog

Bonus!

There would be one long staircase just going up,
And one even longer coming down,
And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

10 comments:

jayfish said...

#2 Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell or the Counting Crows
#11 What i Am - Edie Brickell & the New Bohiemians

zerodoll said...

#7 Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel (with a disturbing video!)
#9 Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band (with a cheesy video!)

Suzanne said...

#3 Jukebox Hero by Foreigner
#4 Teach Your Children Well by Crosby Stills Nash and Young

BrightStar (B*) said...

man... I wanted to answer #11.

mc said...

#2 - They Paved Paradise and Put Up a Parking Lot - Joni Mitchell (can that really be the official name of the song?) (of course not.)
#4 - Teach Your Children - CSN
#7 - Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
#9 - is driving me crazy. I can't believe I couldn't come up with this one, given that Steve Miller was unfortunately the soundtrack to my high school years.
#11 - What I Am - Edie Brickell & New Bohemians

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

#6 Woo hoo! This is "Wildfire" by... by... well, I don't remember who it's by but I used to LOVE this song. This just broke my heart when I was ten.

allison said...

#2 Big Yellow Taxi- Joni Mitchell
#4 Teach Your Children Well- Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
#6 Wildfire- Michael something or other
#7 Sledgehammer- Peter Gabriel
Bonus If I Were a Rich Man- Fiddler on the Roof

I should know #9, but it just won't come...

luckybuzz said...

#1, "Piece of my heart," Janis
#2, "Big Yellow Taxi," was also recorded by Bob Dylan during his "I'll-do-the-covers" phase. I kid you not.
#3, "Jukebox Hero," Bad Company
#4, "Teach your children," CSNY
#5, "Who'll stop the rain," Creedence Clearwater Revival
#7, "Sledgehammer," Peter Gabriel
#8, "Take it on the Run," REO Speedwagon (another bumperpool-basement favorite)
#9, "Abracadabra," Steve Miller Band
#11, "What I am," Edie Brickell

I'm on fire! I should go grade while I'm hot. :(

Phantom Scribbler said...

Aw, clearly I gotta wake up earlier on the weekends. I would have gotten 1, 2, and 4 without even having to think about it. Sigh.

mendi-la said...

thanks for #6 overread - i still almost cry everytime i hear it - wildfire by michael murphy i believe
I also DO air guitar to #3:)

i'm going to start looking at this blog at my baby's 2 am feeding - hahaha