Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Quick post grading quiz!

Not that I’m actually done. My eyes started to bleed once I read the eleventeenth paper that began “Throughout history…”

I did finish 10 though. Another 20 or so to go.

Oooo Yesterday’s #10 – Break Your Heart by my future wife, Natalie Merchant.

On to today!

#1
I’ve seen it before, it happens all the time
You’re closing the door, you leave the world behind

#2
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and,
The light that you shine can be seen.

#3
Reflexes got the better of me
And what is to be must be.

#4
We all know that people are the same where ever we go
There is good and bad in everyone,
We learn to live, we learn to give
Each other what we need to survive together alive.

#5
The room is hot...that's good
Some of my friends came
By from the neighborhood

#6
When I was a child I had a fever.
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I got that feeling once again.
I can’t explain, you would not understand.

#7
So you decide to take a holiday
You got your tape deck and your brand new Chevrolet
Ah but there's no place to go anyway

#8
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabakov

#9
I want to feel sunlight on my face
I see the dust cloud disappear
Without a trace

#10
Who said that every wish
Would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it
And look what it’s done so far

#11 – I’m not sure the singer is important for this one :)
Get on board, step inside, soaring on a magic ride.
Roaring towards the other side where only rainbows hide.

Bonus!
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle

8 comments:

zerodoll said...

#7 Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

# 8 Police- Don't Stand So Close to Me (Anything that references the greatest book ever is ok in my book.)

#9 U2 (or Pet Shop Boys)- Where the Streets Have No Name

jayfish said...

#1 Cold As Ice - Foreigner
#11 Great Space Coaster - ??

jayfish said...

hmmm, i think zerodoll is stalking me :)

i'm not going to admit i know #4, nope.

Suzanne said...

I am willing to expose my pathetic recall of bad music by saying that #4 is Ebony and Ivory by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.

#10: Rainbow Connection by Kermit the Frog (okay, okay, Paul Williams).

Bonus: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life by Eric Idle.

luckybuzz said...

CRAP. I know #3 and I just can't make it happen.

AGH! I googled. I cannot believe I couldn't think of that. See what happens when I miss a quiz???

Phantom Scribbler said...

I can't believe Suzanne beat me to the Rainbow Connection!

Camera Obscura said...

#2 Kiss from a Rose but I had to Google the artist (tsk -- hangs head)

#3 I Shot the Sheriff I heard Clapton's version first.

#6 is Comfortably Numb Pink Floyd

#7 Captain Jack Billy Joel

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I knew Phantom was going to beat me to Rainbow Connection. :)