Monday, November 07, 2005

Quiz, Both Shaken and Stirred

O! What a loverly quiz yesterday! Very fun and feisty!

I should say that 24 karat points go to Camera Obscura for not only pointing out an embarrassing errant apostrophe, but also kicking much tush on the bonus question. As an aside, I have no idea who dubbed for Natalie Wood – It’s funny to think she didn’t do it herself :)

I think all the rest of them got answered except the trick #11. The clue was in the question number. It was ‘Big Bottom’ by Spinal Tap. Oh, the funny.

Ok, now we’re moving on to new and exciting musical lands

#1 – Any singer will do for this one

She said love don’t come easy
Well, it’s a game of give and take

#2 – A bit of a toughie

Dining at the Ritz we'll meet at nine precisely
One two three four five six seven eight nine o' clock
I will pay the bill, you taste the wine
Driving back in style, in my saloon will do quite nicely

#3 –

All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall

#4 – Here’s a tough one, but I picked the one line that I could sing, so maybe that’ll help

Just touch my cheek before you leave me, baby

#5

And though she's not really ill
There's a little yellow pill

#6

I’ve been walking my mind to an easy time
My back turned towards the sun
Lord knows when the cold wind blows it’ll turn your head around
Well, there’s hours of time on the telephone line
To talk about things to come
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

#7

I have done all that I could
To see the evil and the good without hiding
You must help me if you can

#8

Oh, the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man, I had a dreadful flight

#9

A fantabulous night to make romance
'Neath the cover of October skies

#10

People struggle, people fight
For the simple pleasures in their lives
But trouble comes from everywhere
It's a little more than you can bear

#11 (not Spinal Tap this time, but my amp does go to 11… Or rather it would if I had one.)

If you hear something late at night
Some kind of trouble. some kind of fight
Just don't ask me what it was

Bonus! – And just editorially here, I’m still not sold on this musical, but I love this song.

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
How Do you Measure - Measure A Year?
In Daylights - In Sunsets
In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee
In Inches - In Miles
In Laughter - In Strife

9 comments:

jayfish said...

#4 Angel of the Morning - Juice Newton
#5 Mother's Little helper - the Rolling Stones

zerodoll said...

#1 Can't Hurry Love- Miss Diana Ross and the Supremes or Mr. Phil Collins
#11 Luka- Suzanne Vega

Bonus- I Will Never See That Show Just B/C of This Song

BrightStar (B*) said...

#3 - In My Life - Beatles (danced with my dad to that song at my wedding)

Bonus - Seasons of Love, Rent - is a good show! Am afraid fo the movie, looks weird.

Suzanne said...

#6 Fire and Rain by James Taylor
#8 Back in the USSR by the Beatles

mendi-la said...

boy do i feel lame - i ONLY recognized the bonus - and i am totally excited about the movie, excellent actors, should be a good show (at least at matinee prices :))

Camera Obscura said...

#9 -- Moondance -- Van Morrison. It was cool when they used it in Contact, which I got to see right before it closed as a 40th birthday present.

#7 -- Doctor My Eyes -- Jackson Browne

I googled #2 b/c it was bugging me. I won't tell. Heh. You'd think with us having a humongous boxed set, I'd have recognized it.

knightjorge said...

#2 Loverboy (I think that's the titlt) by Queen

knightjorge said...

I promise I really know how to spell title correctly. Too early and I'm at work, that's my excuse.

Overread said...

Wow, zerodoll, did you dislike the song that badly?

There seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about Rent. I have to say, I saw the touring compay and wasn't impresed, but there were technical problems and some flat-out bad cast members, so I would hope that the Broadway version would be better.

I'm always really skeptical of movie versions though. I think for me, it's a wait for rental kind of thing...