Sunday, December 11, 2005

It Walks Down Stairs, Alone or in Pairs. Everyone Knows it's Quiz-ie

Ah, I fondly remember the Dr. Zaius song from the Simpson’s version of the Planet of the Apes. Although, it’s right up there with the musical version of Streetcar. They may have gone a bit downhill, but that was hilarious stuff.

Ok, back to the quizzing (which may become a every other day kind of thing)

This group may be a touch too easy for you folks, but don’t worry. The theme runs out after #5 :)

#1

They say that the road
Ain’t no place to start a family

#2

Like a band of gypsies,
we go down the highway

#3

Yeah, them smokies is thick as bugs on a bumper.
They even had a bear in the air!

#4

I’m empty and aching and I don’t know why
Counting the cars on the new jersey turnpike

#5

Miner’s lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky

#6

God bless Mother Nature, she's a single woman too
She took off to heaven and she did what she had to do

#7

And when the music plays
And when the words are
Touched with sorrow

#8

'Cause when a long-legged lovely walks by
Yeah you can see the look in her eye

#9

Cool cat looking for a kitty
Gonna look in every corner of the city

#10

That’s when sport was a sport
And groovin´ was groovin´

6 comments:

luckybuzz said...

See, staying up late not-grading rocks--I'm the first to the quiz! :)

#1: Faithfully, Journey
#2: On the Road Again, Willie Nelson
#7 is oh-so-close-but-no-cigar-for-me...

Um..others seem familiar, but that's all I'm really feelin' tonight. Thanks for the quiz. :)

jayfish said...

hi quiz!

#6 It's Raining Men - the Weather Girls?

i guess i'm too sleepy to know the others at the moment.

zerodoll said...

#10 Misheard lyric for me (and all my coworkers at the time): And that's when a "smoke was a smoke"...
I know it's John Cougar Mellancamp- can't quite get the title (something about a cherry...)

Camera Obscura said...

#3 "Convoy" -- Chip Davis, aka Mr. Mannheim Steamroller

#4 "America" -- Simon and Garfunkel

#5 "Country Road" -- John Denver

(Ack, this is a list of songs off my stepdad's 8-track collection!)

#7 Yeah, I had to Google this too, and I've never known it by its appropriate title!

#9 "Summer in the City" -- Lovin' Spoonful (which he would not have been caught dead owning).

Camera Obscura said...

#10 -- Yeah, that's what I thought the lyrics said, too. "Cherry Bomb"

mendi-la said...

well, i'm late again - I also though #10 was 'that's when a a smoke was a smoke'