Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sigh.

Is it really important that they know what I got in an 'Introduction to Computers' class in 1992? It was a C, ok? I'm embarrassed, but what can I say. Again, they're going to get the transcripts anyway, why do they need me to do the arcane algebraic gymnastics? Combining the GPA from my majors at the time, but only upper division classes, but including related fields, and drop all the pluses, but make the minuses count for half, and then take the numbers and add them together to find the true name of Baal. I guess, that part makes sense, anyway.

'Introduction to Computers?' hehe. Can you imagine trying to offer a class with a name like that? Maybe in elementary school...

2 comments:

Camera Obscura said...

Intro to Computers, aka "Trap the computer majors once a week and make them guess which of them the wall-eyed, blind-in-one-eye professor is calling on"? I took that in 1980. It was all about I've Been Moved back then. Well, them and Amazing Grace.

Luckily, the back row was smack against a wall with a whiteboard, and the eraser ledge was right at head level. Great headrest for snoozing, if you didn't mind dry-eraser fuzz in your hair.

Overread said...

You had whiteboards?

Lucky...

:)