Thursday, March 23, 2006

Imagine...

Overread...

crawling across the desert. He is bedraggled. His lips are cracked. His clothes are torn - he has tied a shirt around his head to shield himself from the merciless rays of the sun. He crests a dune and sees before him an oasis of crisp pure water. That oasis is his only chance for salvation.

It's only 9 papers away. I'm into the single digits. Finally.

By the way, I know it's all a mirage. I've still got the monster 3 hour essay exams to grade after that, but hey, the oasis is a goal to strive for, even when I know the sweet clear water will only turn to silica grit in my teeth.

Bonus cafe stories:

There's another group of graders across from me. One howler they got must have been especially good. The guy reading in burst out laughing. He tossed the paper to his friend who also started laughing - loudly. All I heard was the quote, "Monkeys all over campus!" talk about intriguing. It could be as good as Snakes on a Plane

Also, dude over there reeks of pot.

Also, dude behind me is trying to sing along with the jazz standards on Starbucks Radio. He's failing miserably.

3 comments:

jayfish said...

i honestly think snakes on a plane is a hoax. no sane person would make that movie.

luckybuzz said...

So....close...you can do it!

K said...

good luck for pulling through--hopefully by the time its over you won't be too exhausted to drink from the oasis...