Monday, June 13, 2005

Phlegm at Eleven

I know it is supporting what I hate by even mentioning this, but I caught about 30 minutes of the Michael Jackson coverage today, and I just shook my head. Who declared that this was news?

When the verdict had decided, but not yet announced, CNN (and I'm sure all of the others) had a camera on the cars that were driving Michael to the courthouse. They were wondering which car he was in (do they need all those SUVs to get there?). Maybe he'll be late. Maybe this is the last time he'll see Neverland Ranch.

I honestly heard Wolf Blitzer say (words to the effect of), "And there you are - the motorcade is getting ready to take a right-hand turn. That's a right-hand turn onto another highway."

Someone needs to slap that man. "You worked the Pentagon, you tool. Get a grip on yourself, man. You used to be respectable, and now you are announcing the play-by-play for a 30 minute commute?"

Isn't there a war going on somewhere?

2 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

and many other national / world events, yes. Not guilty. On all counts. Breaking news while my nails were drying.

Overread said...

lovely color on the nails, by the way