Saturday, October 29, 2005

B-I-N-G-O and Bingo Was His Name-O

Oh, tired. Is money really worth all the tired that photo gigs bring on? It does buy me toys though, and I like toys.

Yesterday, when our troubles seemed so far away, you guys kicked much tushie and got even the toughies. I shouldn’t be surprised anymore that you all know to think about musicals for my bonus questions. Harumph.

Special super double plus good points to luckybuzz for getting the Southern Man – Sweet Home Alabama connection, but again, a wonderful turn of phrase always deserves notice and zerodoll’s quote wins the day – “crazy jihadist yusaf islam (or the fabulous incomparable sexy cat stevens)”

Poor Yusaf, he’s got such bad press…

Of course, Jayfish can win over everyone at any time if he can come up with a recording of American Pie by Don McMuffin. Or, frankly, if he gets me a pie. No McMuffins, thanks – they’re scary.

Ok! Into the fuuuuuture with more oldish tunes! There are some twists and turns here - I was listening to a lot of odd stuff today...

#1 – umm… I thought I knew this artist, but now I’m not so sure.

We skipped the light fandango
Turned cartwheels cross the floor
I was feeling kind of seasick
The crowd called out for more
#2

He got the action, he got the motion
Oh yeah, the boy can play
Dedication devotion
Turning all the night time into the day

#3 – super short! (but you still should be able to get it :) )

Looking out on the morning rain

#4 –

If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?

#5 -

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues

#6 – the twists begin!

if I could have anything in the world for free
I wouldn't share it with anyone else but me

#7

All your life you've never seen
A woman-taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven
Will you ever win...

#8 -

We hiked along without care.
Then we ran into a bear!
He was a hairy bear!
He was a scary bear!

#9 -

There are times when all the world's asleep,
the questions run too deep
for such a simple man.

#10 -

He says his name's William but I'm sure
he's Bill or Billy or Mac or Buddy
And he's plain ugly to me

And the Bonus! (deliciously hard – bwahahaa)

I can't pay the bills yet,
'Cause I have no skills yet,
The world is a big scary place.
But somehow I can't shake,
The feeling I might make,
A difference,
To the human race.

8 comments:

jayfish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jayfish said...

i must be paying for yesterday because i don't know squat! but at least watching the princess bride tonight kept me up late enough to have first dibs on the music quiz :D

#2 i think i know the title
#4 i think i know the title (i was talking about this song just last night and i can't remember the artist!)
#6 i think i know the artist
#7 i think i know the artist
#9 The Logical Song? - Supertramp
#10 All I Wanna Do - Sheryl Crow

blah!

Suzanne said...

#5: Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
#7: Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac

mc said...

#1 Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum
#2 Walk of Life, maybe? It's definitely Dire Straits.
#4 Lynyrd Skynyrd. No, actually it's the Allman Bros. One of them, anyway.
#5 Don't Stop Believing - Journey
#7 Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
#10 All I Wanna Do Is Have Some Fun - Sheryl Crow

Phantom Scribbler said...

Wait! Wait! #8 is from Schoolhouse Rock. You gotta unpack your adjectives, you know?

Phantom Scribbler said...

#6 is the Sundays, right? Can't think of the title.

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Wait, no one has got #3 yet?? Yay, I can answer one!

You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman - the incomparable Aretha Franklin

luckybuzz said...

1-A Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harum
2-Walk of Life, Dire Straits
3-Natural Woman, Aretha Franklin
4-Freebird, Lynyrd Skynyrd
5-Don't Stop Believing, Journey
7-Rhiannon?, Fleetwood Mac
9-the Logical Song, Supertramp
10-All I Wanna Do, Sheryl Crow

I can't help it. I like playing, even if I'm late and I only got the ones everyone else got. It's still Too. Much. Fun.