Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sing, Damn You, Sing!

Heheh- the 70’s are tougher, aren’t they? Bwahaha…

Old business:

#1 – it is the Carpenters – Yesterday Once More

#2 – Mendi-la got half credit, Afternoon Delight – The Starland Vocal Band! Ok, I would have been a little scared if someone did know the name of that band.

#4 – C’mon, can’t you sing with me? My little Runaway, my run-run-run-run-run-runaway – Del Shannon.

Update! As I was typing this, Jayfish comes in with the correct answer for #4! Woohoo!

Phantom Scribbler, actually, I think I should have had a bonus question for how many people have covered Proud Mary. Hehe

Now, down to the business of digging out useless pieces of knowledge!

#1

The morning sun when it’s in your face really shows your age
But that don’t worry me none in my eyes you’re everything
I laughed at all of your jokes my love you didn’t need to coax

#2

I don't know where I'm going
Only God knows where I've been
I'm a devil on the run
A six gun lover
A candle in the wind

#3

It's getting near dawn,
When lights close their tired eyes.
I'll soon be with you my love,
To give you my dawn surprise.

#4

I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed
Someone’s taken my place

#5

Now that I put it all together
Give me the chance to make you see
Have you used up all the love in your heart
Nothing left for me, ain't there nothing left for me

#6 – bonus points if you clap at the right time

They headed down to old El Paso
That's where they ran into a great big hassle

#7

She's turning on the heat
She's got the magic touch
She's turning on the heat
And it's a little too much

#8

Got a surprise especially for you,
Something that both of us have always wanted to do.
We've waited so long, waited so long.

#9

It took all the strength I had not to fall apart
Kept trying' hard to mend the pieces of my broken heart,
And I spent oh so many nights
Just feeling sorry for myself. I used to cry
But now I hold my head up high

#10

But if this ever changing world
In which we live in
Makes you give in and cry

7 comments:

jayfish said...

#1 Maggie May? - Rod Stewart
#10 Live and Let Die - Wings

the mirror ball is blinding me too much to answer #9

knightjorge said...

#2 Bon Jovi - Blaze of Glory (I've seen Young Guns way too many times!)
#4 Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel
#6 Take The Money And Run - Steve Miller Band, and I can clap at the right time. :)
#9 I will survive - Not sure who did the original but Cake did an awesome version of this song a while back. I liked it anyway.


I'm feeling pretty good about those answers. I'm on a roll right now.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Aw, thanks jayfish. You're a really considerate invisible internet person, you know?

#9 is "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, patron saint of the recently dumped.

zerodoll said...

#8 Two tickets to paradise? Eddie Money

luckybuzz said...

#1, Maggie May (Rod Stewart)
#3, Sunshine of your Love (Cream)
#6, Take the Money and Run (Steve Miller Band) (...old El Paso [clapclapclapclapclap]...) :)
#7 I'm singing but...what is it? Loverboy?
8, 2 tickets to paradise, eddie money
9, i will survive, gloria gaynor
10, Live and Let Die (Wings)

(trying out the not-looking-just-answering ones, to make me feel okay about getting here late)--but I think I only got one that hadn't been gotten...

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Hey, I knew almost all of the last ones, but Blogger commenting was down. Really.

#1 Rod Stewart, Maggie May
#4 Simon & Garfunkel, Cecilia

...rats, that's all I've got for this one.

mendi-la said...

I knew #1, #6 (i can clap too)and #10

#7 is Loverboy, Hot Girls in Love
:)
i think that's it, we got them all