Tuesday, February 28, 2006

After Me, The Deluge

When it rains and I bike, something always gets wet. I could wrap my entire body and everything in my backpack with cling wrap, and I swear something would still get wet. I've learned to deal with acceptable dampness. For example, I long ago gave up trying to keep my pants dry (let's see how many googlers that phrase brings in).

Last night's casualty was part of a book. Note, my backpack is pretty well lined with plastic bags for protection. Nothing else in the backpack was wet - not even the other book that was right next to doomed one.

It's not a total loss, it's just a little wiggly on the edges, but still enough to make me sad.

Oh, and my pants - drenched. Shoes, socks, pants, underwear - drenched. Aren't I glad I just did laundry?

1 comment:

jayfish said...

sounds like you should hit the men's room and soap up your clothes before you head out, then you'll wash them while you bike! yay!

do you have big ziplocks you can put your books in for rainy days?