Friday, April 21, 2006

I Annoy Even Myself

I really hate people who wine about good fortune, but I'm going to do so.  I just got an email from a uni that I'm 99% sure I'm not going to attend (To be brutally honest, they're a very good school, but not in the same league as the #1 on my list).  The email offered a pretty generous fellowship for the entirety of the PhD program.  See, here's the thing.  I'm really excited, because that's not that common, and it's very cool to be selected (even if I imagine at this date, I'm probably not the first person to be offered this fellowship).

I haven't sent out the 'thanks but no' emails yet because I haven't gotten the final acceptance letter from #1, so I'm delaying on the reply to the fellowship email.  I wonder if there's a way to explain how grateful I am while saying I'm not going there. 

See - even in the midst of great good news, I can still be fretful :)

Oh yes, and I'm not running today.  I'm going out to eat and heading off to a birthday party tonight and another one tomorrow.  Look at me being all social and stuff.

If I had my druthers, I'd probably stay home. :)

1 comment:

zerodoll said...

well, congrats, even if you don't take it.

yay for parties!