Sunday, April 16, 2006

State of the Overread

I'm feeling a bit distanced from my thesis right now, which is not a good thing, to be sure. Crunch time has begun and I really need to be churning out some pages, but I can't seem to get back into it. The last few months have been so busy that I've lost the habit of writing often. That seems to be the key. When I'm writing often, even if I end up deleting a lot (which I do), at least my brain is tumbling around in the general area of where it should be. I'm going to try to ease myself back into writing a bit today by starting with a dip into the readings for the class I'm TAing. The readings are tangentially related, so I'm hoping that I might get a bit of a click.

Also, because this seems to work for Profgrrrrl, has anyone seen that book? You know, the one I was looking at maybe using for the summer class? Um... 'cause I can't find it. Did I lend it out? Anyway, if you see it, just stamp 'Overread' on it and drop it in a mailbox. Thanks.

No comments: